List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Nupedia
From:       Sascha Noyes <sascha () pantropy ! net>
Date:       2003-12-13 15:11:10

On Saturday 13 December 2003 02:32, JFrost8401@aol.com wrote:
> I completely agree with Mav. The emphasis now should be on improving the
> quality, not the quantity, despite the views of some that every thing is
> valuable.

This is a common fallacy that people have about free software (or in this case
free content) development: One can't tell developers what to work on, unless
one pays them. Sure, one can try and encourage them to work on things, but in
the end they decide what to work on.

I'm not decided between mav and erik's approaches, but how exactly is having
"1.0" (or "nupedia", whatever) further removed from wikipedia (ie. on a
different domain) going to help in improving the quality of the content?

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
Please encrypt all email. Public key available from
www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc