List:       whatwg
Subject:    Re: [whatwg] Proposal for secure key-value data stores
From:       "Nicholas Zakas" <nzakas () yahoo-inc ! com>
Date:       2010-03-31 0:13:02

I certainly can't argue against a focus on JS crypto. :) What I'd like to do is \
eliminate what I believe will be a repeated pattern for developers in the future. It \
would be really nice if, in addition to having access to crypto functions, there was \
an area where I could stick data that would get encrypted automatically (and of \
course, where I could be sure the data would be eliminated after a set amount of \
time).

My proposal is less about encryption and more about providing better control over how \
data is stored and for how long.

-Nicholas

Commander Lock: "Damnit Morpheus, not everyone believes what you believe!"
Morpheus: "My beliefs do not require them to."