List:       whatwg
Subject:    [whatwg] The removal of datalist
From:       tali garsiel <t_garsiel () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-29 20:12:06

Hi,

Will this element come back?

> From my experience web applications always contains:
1. A tree control
2. A sortable data grid with a data provider
All js libraries like dojo , ext js etc have this elements(and of course all \
libraries like swing).

If such a basic GUI element will not be included in HTML , then web application \
authors will still need to use a js widget library. This library will still need to \
do crazy tricks and workaround to build controls which look like the real thing.

I think HTML should provide the basic controls + some way for extending them , \
otherwise we go back to where we started.

Tali