List:       wget
Subject:    Re: Automate ul/dl using wget
From:       Mauro Tortonesi <mtortonesi () ing ! unife ! it>
Date:       2007-06-21 17:40:11

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:13:48 -0700 (PDT)
Joe Kopra <joekopra@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please forgive my ignorance if this question is misdirected, if you know a better \
> tool to do what I am attempting, please tell me.
> I am trying to upload a file from a unix script to a website (that is interactive) \
> and get the resulting .html back to the unix box.
> I am including a sample .mup file for use with the website and of course the site \
> itself.
> I believe IBM has found a vulnerability using their "programmatic" utility and has \
> such shut it down, so I am trying this as a workaround, please see below:
> http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/mds/fetch?page=mds.html
>
> see Upload a data file and About programmatic upload of survey files.
>
> .mup file included for testing purposes.
>
> If there is no solution with wget, please recommend anything you think might help.

hi joe,

wget does not natively support multipart uploads at the moment. but you might be able \
to do what you need using this shell script:

#!/bin/bash

BOUNDARY="AaB03x"

echo -n "--$BOUNDARY\r\nContent-disposition: form-data; \
name=\"mdsData\"\r\nContent-Type: text/plain\r\n\r\n" > tmpfile cat $1 >> tmpfile
echo -n "--$BOUNDARY\r\n" >> tmpfile

wget --header="Content-type: multipart/form-data, boundary=$BOUNDARY" \
     --post-file="tmpfile" \
     http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/mds/mds

rm -f tmpfile

# end of script

the usage, of course, is:

sh scriptname filetoupload

let me know if this solved your problem. but, please, let's continue this \
conversation on the wget ml.

--
Mauro Tortonesi <mauro.tortonesi@unife.it>