List:       wget
Subject:    Re: ftp through a proxy server
From:       Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg () Uni-Koeln ! DE>
Date:       2007-06-11 14:06:20

Zitat von Phillip Griffith <askthegurus@gmail.com>:

> I think I was wrong about the downloaded file.  It probably contains
> the dialog between wget and my proxy server, not between wget and the
> remote FTP server.

Yes, looks the same to me.

> I think it's a SOCKS5 proxy.  For the Solaris FTP client, I supply
> "remote-user@remote-host proxy-user" at the user prompt.

I don't know much about Socks, but this does not look like Socks to me.
It it were wget would need special support for it which it has not.

It should be no problem to specify such a "double username" to wget, either in
the URL or with the "ftp-user" parameter (commandline or wgetrc). But then you
will also need two passwords, how are these entered in your ftp-client?

Perhaps you can mail a complete dialog with your ftp-client. If possible also in
a debug mode where the internal commands are shown.

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10             Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                   E-Mail: Roderburg@Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany