List:       wget
Subject:    Re: How can I compile a list of URLs matching a pattern?
From:       sms () antinode ! org (Steven M !  Schweda)
Date:       2007-05-02 4:08:29

From: Karim Ali

> [...] I want to traverse a given site,
> but only retrieve the URL's that matche a particular pattern.
> [...]
> [...]  I'd like it if wget
> would just return the URL's it finds during its recursive
> traversal, but not return the data.  [...]

   If wget is to "traverse a given site", it needs to fetch the HTML
documents from the server so it can search them for links to other HTML
documents.  How should it do this if it does "not return the data"?

   Have you looked at these?:

  -A,  --accept=LIST               comma-separated list of accepted extensions.

       --spider                  don't download anything.