List:       wget
Subject:    Re: Exclude directorie
From:       Mauro Tortonesi <mauro.tortonesi () unife ! it>
Date:       2006-05-19 13:44:46

Antoine Bonnefoy wrote:
> Hy,
> I found a bug with the option -X in recursive mode. When i use a wildcard,
> in the exclude string, it's only works for one level string.
> For example:
> for this directory architecture :
> server:
>   =>level1
>        => Data
>        => level2
>             => Data
>
> wget -X "*/Data" -r http://server/level1/
> works correctly for exclude directory Data
> but don't exclude the Data directory in level2
>
> The bug come from the fnmatch function.
> I correct it for me in the utils.c file with deactivate the flag
> FNM_PATHNAME in the proclist() function.
>
> Is it the right comportment?
>
> I hope its help
>
> Excuse me for my English

hi antoine,

could you please tell us which version of wget you are using? after the
release of 1.10.2 i have merged a patch that fixed a few bugs in -X
support, so you might want to try the current version of wget available
from our subversion repository:

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wgetdev.html#development

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net