List:       wget
Subject:    Wget doesn't ramp-up the download speed after network recovers from failure.
From:       chirag radhakrishnan <chiragrkn () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-02-14 10:38:32

Hi,
  I have been trying to use wget to download stuff from the internet. Surprisingly I \
found that:  1. If I start the download, wget tries to get all the bandwidth \
available (which seems good to me) and reaches a peak speed say x1 bytes/sec.  2. If \
the internet connection breaks (say for 10 seconds) the speed reduces (from x1 \
bytes/sec to x2 bytes/sec). Once the internet connection is back to normal, wget \
continues to download at the same speed which it dropped to i.e. x2 bytes/sec and \
never tries to go above that.
  In other download programs, the software tries to utilize all the bandwidht that it \
can use at any point of time.  I was curious why wget was failing to do so...

  Thanks,
  Chirag R.

 Yahoo! Mail