List:       wget
Subject:    Re: Closing fd stalls on wget 1.9.1
From:       Antonio Zerbinati <azerbinati () libero ! it>
Date:       2005-01-21 15:38:38

Patrick Pirrotte ha scritto:

>Hello,
>
>I'm having a strange problem using wget-1.9.1-r2 or wget-1.9-r2.
>I'm working behind a proxy (that has been duly configured with export
>http_proxy) and connecting to

[SNIP]
I noticed the same thing. I think It is due to a patch (2004-11-18
Leonid Petrov <nouser@lpetrov.net> * retr.c: Fix a timeout problem in
fd_read_body when using http_proxy.) about bad reported content-length
by some proxy. ie not that your proxy report a bad length, but wget
think it could be. wget will just wait for a timeout (60 second ? ) and
then continue. I notice this while downloading zero/near zero bytes long
files.. taking days to end up! :P

So Leonid, if you are reading this, please check your work up, maybe add
a switch to the command line to eneable/disable this behavior..

regards..

Antonio Zerbinati