List:       wget
Subject:    wget --continue vs. wwwoffle
From:       Dan Jacobson <jidanni () jidanni ! org>
Date:       2003-06-24 20:29:25

that has been posted to gmane.network.wwwoffle.user as well.

As we wwwoffle users all might know, wget has
  -c,  --continue               resume getting a partially-downloaded file.
Quite handy when a large download got interrupted.  However there are
some caveats when using it thru wwwoffle.  It would be neat if the
right combination of wget switches could be known for doing this
without causing wwwoffle to get the whole file again, and without
resorting to -Y off, bypassing wwwoffle.

Another case is where we get the partially downloaded (larva, pupa,
whatever) file out of the wwwoffle cache by hand and rename it to wget
expects, and continue with wget -Y off -c.  Wget doesn't know that
there is a HTTP header swelling the file, so that must first be
chopped off.  There are other considerations too probably.