List:       wget
Subject:    Archiwget released
From:       Simon_Rönnvist <simon () iki ! fi>
Date:       2003-04-16 20:54:30

Here comes a brief explanation, try it and you'll understand how it
works:
Archiwget is a shellscript that uses wget to take a copy of a webpage
with all it's needed documents.
It saves a copy of the actual html-document named by the current time
(MMDD_HHMM.html) in a separate archive directory. All pictures and
other documents are stored separately only once to save diskspace.

A neat way to use it is to set up crontab to regularily make it take a
copy of i.e. a newspage, to make a newsarchive. That's what I used it
for, and the archive grew so big that I needed to use ht://Dig
(www.htdig.org) to search it.

The newest version can be found at:				http://archiwget.ownmedia.net
Suggest improvements or just otherwise comment it
to:	archiwget(at)ownmedia.net