List:       wget
Subject:    Cannot determine user-id.
From:       "Kenneth Porter" <shiva () well ! com>
Date:       2000-03-28 6:11:01

Using wget 1.5.3 under NT4, I'm getting "Cannot determine user-id" when
attempting to fetch a file via FTP. I looked at the sources (host.c and
mswindows.c) and it looks like either GetUserName or getenv("USERNAME")
is failing, but USERNAME has a valid string of length 8. Anyone seen
this?

(BTW, is there a searchable list archive?)

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/