List:       wget
Subject:    Suggestion
From:       "Jan Thonemann" <tomcat () nef ! wh ! uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2001-07-03 20:52:56

.. or better a question?!?

Hi

Sorry for the bad english in advance :-)

I have a problem and i hope you can help me.

I have tried to download some files from a ftp server by using an input
file. The command I used looks like that.

wget -i file

the file looks like this

ftp://user:pw@ftp.xx/path1/file1
ftp://user:pw@ftp.xx/path2/file2

The list is much longer. I don`t want to use the -r option, because i don`t
need all the files.

My problem is, that wget makes a new login for each file. But the files are
all on the same server. The login on the ftp server takes a quit long time,
and thats why i want to ask what i must do that wget just login in once an
get all the files.

I downloaded your new 1.7 version, and tried to do what i want with
the --base option, but that doesn`t work, or i don`t know how.

I hope you can help me. Because i would like to use wget what is doing good
work in all other cases.

Greets Jan Thonemann