List:       wget
Subject:    Re: Wget query (very urgent)
From:       Hack =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kampbj=F8rn?= <hack () hackdata ! com>
Date:       2001-04-23 19:28:42

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> =

> "Inderbir" <inderbir@internetteam.com> writes:
> =

> > The second and the third queries are related to Wget on Linux.
> >
> > We've run Wget on a link to a directory structure in Linux and found
> > that the mirror site generated has all the files which physically
> > reside in the original site's directory structure. Regardless of
> > whether they are active or inactive links.
> =

> I assume you're mirroring part of the contents under the web server
> root via HTTP.  You seem to say that Wget somehow copied the files
> that are not linked from anywhere.  This is very unlikely, since Wget
> has no way of knowing which files are available, unless it encounters
> a link.
> =

> I see two possible explanations:
> =

>[...]

I can see another explanation if the web-site that's mirrored from is on
a windows host (or any other host system with case insensitve
filenames). On windows page.htm, Page.htm, page.HTM and PAGE.HTM are all
the same file but in Linux (or any other host with case sensitive
filenames) they are four different files.

-- =

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbj=F8rn               hack@hackdata.com
HackLine                     +45 2031 7799