List:       wget
Subject:    Re: POST function
From:       Charlie Negyesi <chx () cs ! elte ! hu>
Date:       1998-07-04 6:03:10

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, John Belew wrote:

> "Dr H. T. Leung" <htl10@cus.cam.ac.uk> writes:
>
>  > Would the HTTP POST function be added to wget in the near future? So far
>  > the only downloading utility that explicitly state to have this function
>  > is urlget-3.12.

And webcopy. This a very useful perl script, which I've used before wget
came. The latest version is at
ftp://ftp.inf.utfsm.cl/pub/utfsm/perl/webcopy.tgz

The program documentation advises to DL the page which issues the POST
request, change the action to mailto and after that you have the file
which contains the POST data.

Another way would be some kind usage of Lynx. The latest versions writes
out the POST data on the Information Page. I do not know whether this will
make our job easier.

bye

Charlie Negyesi <> chx@cs.elte.hu <> I love Pooh and teddy bears! <>
http://www.cs.elte.hu/~chx : Hungarian Netiquette <> CD-ROM drivers' links