List:       wget
Subject:    "%7E"/"~" in filenames
From:       Eduardo Ochs <edrx () inx ! com ! br>
Date:       1997-10-24 19:09:20

Hi,

I have a slow modem at home and I'm trying to use wget to make local
mirrors of some sites I need to consult often (on-line manuals, FAQs,
etc) but wget insists in creating the local paths and filenames with
strings like "%7E" in place of "~", for example, and lynx doesn't like
this, so I have to change everything to the non-"%" form by hand...

Is there some mysterious switch or some simple patch to fix this? I
know it has something to do with encode_string, decode_string and
mkstruct, but I couldn't figure out what...

  Regards,
          Edrx