List:       wekalist
Subject:    Re: [Wekalist] Data correlation with WEKA
From:       Eibe Frank <eibe.frank () waikato ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2018-05-29 9:29:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

What kind of network are you planning to use? If you think a multi-layer
perceptron with one hidden layer is sufficient, consider using
MLPRegressor. It has a ridge parameter that you can adjust (ideally, on an
exponential scale) to combat overfitting.

If the number of hidden units is tuned properly, and the ridge parameter
set appropriately, any additional benefit from external attribute selection
is unlikely to be substantial unless you have an extreme number of
attributes. I would concentrate on optimising these parameters. You can use
MultiSearch or GridSearch to tune them.

Cheers,

Eibe