List:       wekalist
Subject:    Re: [Wekalist] predicting a low frequency class value
From:       Eibe Frank <eibe.frank () waikato ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2018-05-26 0:49:44

In CostSensitiveClassifier, try switching to the minimum expected cost
approach (there is a flag for that). It often works well, but requires a
base classifier that produces good class probability estimates. Bagging
can often provide those. Try that and let us know how you go. You may also
want to try turning pruning off in the decision tree learner that is used.

Another option is to try to augment the data in the minority class. The
SMOTE method is a widely-used approach for doing this. It is implemented
in the SMOTE filter. Use it in conjunction with the FilteredClassifier and
a base classifier of your choice.

Cheers,
Eibe

<wekalist@list.waikato.ac.nz>