List:       wekalist
Subject:    Re: [Wekalist] Empty instances
From:       Eibe Frank <eibe () waikato ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2018-05-17 1:50:59

I suppose there are two different types of "empty" instances: ones where all \
predictor attributes have value zero, and ones where all predictor attribute values \
are missing. You are probably referring to the former case because you are working on \
text classification. In either case, treatment depends on the learning algorithm that \
is applied.

If all predictor attributes have value zero, and you are using a linear classifier \
such as a linear SVM, then classification will be based on the intercept only.

Cheers,
Eibe