List:       wekalist
Subject:    Re: [Wekalist] gridsearch question
From:       Ingo Mierswa <ingo.mierswa () uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2008-06-26 13:04:57

Hi Arie,

> We have not been in touch for a quite a while. How are you?

I am fine, thanks. Great to hear from you again.

> Does RapidMiner support also non-numeric parameter optimization (which
> Weka does not). For instance, can it try several kermel functions you
> specify in one run and report back the best one?

Yes. The grid parameter optimization also supports non-numerical
parameters like, for example, different kernel types. So this type of
optimization is possible with RapidMiner.

Cheers,
Ingo

--
Ingo Mierswa
Managing Director

Rapid-I GmbH
Stockumer Str. 475
44149 Dortmund, Germany

Phone: +49 (0)231 425 786 90

E-Mail:  mierswa@rapid-i.com

Sitz: Dortmund
HRB 20720, Amtsgericht Dortmund
Geschäftsführer: Ingo Mierswa, Ralf Klinkenberg

www: http://rapid-i.com/