List:       wekalist
Subject:    Re: [Wekalist] Multiclassification question
From:       Peter Reutemann <fracpete () waikato ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2006-04-30 21:52:37

> Would there be a way to have Weka predict classes, based on the feature
> set given on the left? I understand that multiclass regression would
> work if there are more than 2 classes - so for a "Class" column at the
> end, I wouldn't be limited to Class 1 or 2, but could have as many as I
> desired.
>
> But, those would work only if the data was classified into *one* of the
> given classes. In this case however, each row can have more than one
> class simultaneously. Could anyone shed some light on this?

In Weka, you can only have one class attribute. This is what a colleague
of mine suggested:
"In Weka, you need to split the data into many two-class datasets in
this case, in each case learning a particular class against all the
other classes."

HTH

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/     +64 (7) 838-4466 Ext. 5174