List:       wekalist
Subject:    RE: [Wekalist] New release of YALE 3.2
From:       Ingo Mierswa <ingo.mierswa () uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2006-04-28 15:38:31

Hello,

 > I saw the advertisement and I found that the Yale could not be
 > launched in Fedora Core 4.
 >
 > The error message is:
 >
 > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
 > edu/udo/cs/yale/gui/YaleGUI (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
 >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
 >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
 > [...]

You have to use Java 1.5 (officially 5.0) or higher for the new release
of YALE. The Java error mentioned above is thrown if Java tries to use
classes compiled with Java 5 under runtime environments <= 1.4.2. I
forgot to mention that in the announcement.

Altough it would be a lot easier to have only one list for both
environments ;-), I would suggest to post other requests about YALE in
one of the YALE forums or support trackers at

     http://yale.sf.net

Thanks.

Best regards,
Ingo