List:       wekalist
Subject:    Re: [Wekalist] Choosing a classifier for attribute selection
From:       "Su, Jiang" <k4km1 () unb ! ca>
Date:       2005-12-29 16:19:09

Hi:

I would like to recommend Bayes networks classifier(TAN is the best one in most
situation), and the second one is C4.5(If your datasets has numerical attirbute,
decision tree may be better). I am afraid that you have to wrtie some code to get the
score for each attribute in classifiers. You may use cross validation to relax
overfitting problem.

Happy new year.

Jiang Su