List:       webservices-general
Subject:    [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/SSLConfig" by
From:       Apache Wiki <wikidiffs () apache ! org>
Date:       2006-11-26 12:08:06

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ws Wiki" for change \
notification.

The following page has been changed by CharlesWicksteed:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/SSLConfig

The comment on the change is:
Changed title to match front page, add internal links, minor fix to wording

- '''Configuring SSL with Axis Client'''
+ '''How do I select a client certificate for SSL at run time?'''

- (Note: sorry I can't get the inter-page links working.  I will come back later and \
                fix them when I have worked out how.  CW)
-
- If you want more control over the configuration of Axis client SSL \
{{{(FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/Ssl)}}}, you can use \
{{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} as the secure socket factory.  {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} \
is a sub-class of {{{JSSESocketFactory}}}.  To tell Axis to use this class, create in \
your classpath, under {{{META-INF/services/}}} a file called \
{{{org.apache.axis.components.net.SecureSocketFactory}}} with the content : + If you \
want more control over the configuration of [:../Ssl:Axis client SSL], you can use \
{{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} as the secure socket factory.  {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} \
is a sub-class of {{{JSSESocketFactory}}}.  To tell Axis to use this class, create in \
your classpath, under {{{META-INF/services/}}} a file called \
{{{org.apache.axis.components.net.SecureSocketFactory}}} with the content :  {{{
  org.apache.axis.components.net.SunJSSESocketFactory
  }}}

- To pass the configuration data to the {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} at run time, make \
a custom engine configuration, similar to that described in "How do I setup handlers \
in Axis clients?" {{{(FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration)}}}. + To pass the \
configuration data to the {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} at run time, make a custom \
engine configuration, similar to that described in "[:../:How do I setup handlers in \
Axis clients?]".
- Here is an example engine configuration which is equivalent to the default \
client-config.wsdd, with one additional parameter (keystore) for the SSL \
configuration. The JSSE library always uses the first certificate that it finds in \
the key store, so this is the way to make it use different certificates for \
connections to different services. Any option set on the {{{HTTPSender}}} is copied, \
by the Axis code, to the attributes hash table passed to the \
{{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} constructor. + Here is an example engine configuration \
which is equivalent to the default client-config.wsdd, with one additional parameter \
(keystore) for the SSL configuration. The JSSE library always uses the first \
certificate that it finds in the key store, so this is the way to make it use \
different certificates for connections to different services. Any option that you set \
on the {{{HTTPSender}}} is copied, by the Axis code, to the attributes hash table \
passed to the {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} constructor.
  {{{
  import org.apache.axis.AxisEngine;