List:       websecurity
Subject:    [WEB SECURITY] Tool: ExploitMe Mobile vulnerable Android and iPhone
From:       Oliver Ng <oliverng () securitycompass ! com>
Date:       2011-10-25 8:54:45

Hi Everyone,

We've just released ExploitMe Mobile, an vulnerable Mobile Application with Labs.  \
It's an open source project and we have released versions for both iPhone and \
Android.

The application contains both mobile web and mobile programming defects and we've \
outlined a set of labs and solutions online to guide you.    This tool will help both \
mobile QA and mobile web developers to learn the kinds of weaknesses that exist in \
the mobile app space.

We hope you find the mobile application useful, and hope that if you like it you'll \
help contribute by adding more vulnerabilities and exercises.

What you're able to learn using ExploitMe Mobile:
-  Parameter manipulation of traffic
- Insecure communications
- Weak password lock screens
- Insecure memory management
- Weak file system permissions
- Insecure storage of files
- Insecure logging of information

You can find the full blog overview here with source code links:
http://labs.securitycompass.com/tools/new-mobile-security-course-and-exploitme-mobile/

ExploitMe Android Lab setup and walkthroughs:
http://securitycompass.github.com/AndroidLabs/

ExploitMe iPhone Lab setup and walkthroughs:
http://securitycompass.github.com/iPhoneLabs/

Cheers,

Oliver

Oliver Ng