List:       websecurity
Subject:    Re: [WEB SECURITY] NetSec Breaking Apps Better Than AppSec
From:       Tim <tim-security () sentinelchicken ! org>
Date:       2011-07-09 17:06:22

> ... but the only good
> way to fix this mess would be proper origin-scoped cookies (a la Adam
> Barth's Cake header; or localStorage, except that the latter is still
> horribly insecure in some popular browsers).

Well...  How about we use a real authentication protocol for users,
and leave cookies for the non-security use cases?  Giving web
developers control over individual bits in messages used for
authentication is always going to be a recipe for disaster.

I would be thrilled if some of you heavy-weights joined us in the
discussions:

tim

WebSecurity RSS Feed
http://www.webappsec.org/rss/websecurity.rss