List:       websecurity
Subject:    Re: [WEB SECURITY] HOST header exploitation
From:       bugtraq () cgisecurity ! net
Date:       2009-04-27 17:05:51

Flash will be restricted by the flash socket policy introduced in later versions of \
flash player. This requires the host you wish to connect to to host the socket policy \
file. Socketpolicies are typically not served up via HTTP requiring a daemon to bind \
a TCP socket on the same IP as the other virtualhost you wish to attack.

XHR was a vulnerability that was fixed awhile ago (other unknown holes may exist).

Signed applets will let you do what you want.

<bigpimpin>
I published a paper last month involving host header modification via flash to abuse \
transparent proxies. It touches on how flash operates and can be found at \
http://www.thesecuritypractice.com/the_security_practice/2009/03/socket-capable-browser-plugins-result-in-transparent-proxy-abuse.html \
. </bigpimpin>

A sample socket server with instructions can be found at \
http://www.lightsphere.com/dev/articles/flash_socket_policy.html .

Regards,
- Robert A.
http://www.cgisecurity.com/