List:       websecurity
Subject:    [WEB SECURITY] Learning More About the Underground Economy: A Case-Study of Keyloggers and Dropzones
From:       "Mike Fratto" <mfratto () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-19 16:33:17

Interesting research in harvesting creds.
http://honeyblog.org/junkyard/reports/impersonation-attacks-TR.pdf

To summarize, our work presented in this paper makes the following two
main contributions:
1. We present a method to analyze a large class of credential-stealing
attacks (impersonation attacks)
in an highly automated fashion.
2. We apply this method to the case of keylogging attacks based on
dropzones and provide a detailed
analysis of the collected data, giving a novel and first-hand insight
into the underground economy
of Internet criminals from a unique and novel viewpoint.