List:       websecurity
Subject:    Re: [WEB SECURITY] Digital Certificates for Web-based Mobile Apps
From:       Nick Owen <nowen () wikidsystems ! com>
Date:       2008-12-03 22:17:24

If you intend to limit your deployment to a specific device, you might
be able to use their built-in crypto. But even so, I recommend choosing
a package that is not controlled by the device manufacturers or
carriers.  Bouncy Castle has good java packages.  Ntru is extremely fast
and has both java/j2me and C packages (it is a commercial package).

We do key gen on the device so we went with Ntru. years ago we tested BC
on a java phone and it looked like it would take about 14 hours to do
key gen. Looked like b/c we couldn't get it to finish. Things may have
changed, so test away. The ntru key gen is instantaneous.

nick

--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.