List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: Fw: Webmin Doesn't Clean Env (root exploit)
From:       "KMAN" <mailing_list () hostpacific ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 4:26:31

Oops. Sorry, I posted to the wrong list. It was supposed to go to the
dev-list.  Anyway, looks like you guys have found a way to fix it now!
:-)

cheers,
-kittiwat

From: "Joe Cooper" <joe@swelltech.com>
> Known issue.  A preliminary fixed version of miniserv.pl has been
> released on the updates page, and the problem is under discussion on
the
> devel list.  Jamie will address it completely in version 0.86.
>
> Note this is primarily a problem with boxes that have untrusted user
> accounts (meaning, things like hosting boxes, and such where users
that
> are not part of your organization have shell accounts).  So, for
> example, I don't have any problems with this issue at the moment
because
> all of the boxes I use Webmin on have no user shell accounts.

-
Forwarded by the Webmin mailing list at webadmin-list@lists.sourceforge.net
To remove yourself from this list, go to
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/webadmin-list