List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: Sendmail and LDAP
From:       Sebastien Nameche <snameche () virtual-net ! fr>
Date:       2001-02-21 16:26:00

Hi,

It's not so trivial but possible to make sendmail working with LDAP
(concerning aliases only).

First, you will have to recompile sendmail in order to include LDAP
fonctionnalities. Second, if you use m4 for Sendmail configuration
(is it possible to use something else without going mad ? ;o) you can
use something like this into your "sendmail.mc" :

  Kldapaliases ldapx -b"o=My Org,c=FR" -k"mailAlias=%s"  -h"127.0.0.1" -v mailDrop
  define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases,sequence:ldapaliases')dnl

Good luck !

--
S. Namèche  (snameche@virtual-net.fr)
Société Virtual Net

 Immeuble Gallium                                 Tél. +33 2 2321 0630
 80, avenue des Buttes de Coësmes                 Fax. +33 2 9938 1685
 35700 Rennes                                     Mob. +33 6 1670 2998

--
"Artificial intelligence stands no chance against natural stupidity."

-