List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Keeping FTP users in thier own directory?
From:       Jim <webmin () easypath ! com>
Date:       2000-03-31 1:00:55

Hi,

	I was wondering how to restrict users of FTP to thier own directories. I
have been playing with permissions but that doesn't seem to do what I want.
Does WU-FTP have a setting that I'm missing?
	I have several folders in /home. I would like to restrict access to
listing folders in home as well as anywhere else. The user of /home/foo
should only have access to foo. To complicate it a bit, some users are the
owners of multiple folders in /home. I would like them to be able to see
all thier folders in /home and choose whichever they want to work with.
	When I remove list priveledges from /home, an FTP user gets sent to / by
default. Now they can see all. When I remove read priveledges from /home,
FTP users cannot see all the folders they should have access to.

				Thanks,
					Jim
-
Forwarded by the Webmin mailing list at webmin-l@webmin.com
To remove yourself from this list, please send email to
majordomo@webmin.com
with this text in its body: unsubscribe webmin-l