List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: [webmin-l] can't change database password
From:       "Jamie Cameron" <jcameron () webmin ! com>
Date:       2019-08-24 4:52:01

On 23/Aug/2019 20:31 Kimberly <kimberly.wilson@gmx.com> wrote ..
> I mentioned this once before.   I have updated webmin.   I can't change
> the database password using virtualmin   Is this part of the MariaDB
> 10.4.7 bug?   The message I get is:
>
> Failed to change database passwords : SQL set password for
> '*********'@'127.0.0.1' = '**********' failed : Can't find any matching
> row in the user table
>
> Thank you.

There's a config option in your /etc/my.cnf file (or one of it's includes)
that can cause this, by turning off DNS resolution for IP addresses in
the user table. But I can't remember what it's called!

-
Forwarded by the Webmin mailing list at webadmin-list@lists.sourceforge.net
To remove yourself from this list, go to
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/webadmin-list