List:       webmin-l
Subject:    [webmin-l] Strange "iptables reset" behavior in 1.910
From:       Joaquim Homrighausen <joho () webbplatsen ! se>
Date:       2019-06-26 10:01:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Just installed Webmin "fresh" 1.910 on an Ubuntu 18.04.LTS system.

I used a iptables.up.rules file from another fairly similar system with
iptables-restore, but it didn't look quite right in Webmin.

So then I used Webmin to "Reset firewall" and told it to use the "Block
all except ports used for virtual hosting, on interface" defaults.

Everything looked fine except for two "ACCEPT" rules that were at the
beginning of the list. Their comments indicate that these were the rules
to accept established/related. The only problem is that there were *no*
paramters/conditions set for the rule(s), so they basically ended up
being "blank ACCEPT" rules.

I've never seen this in Webmin before, but I can repeat it at will by
choosing to "reset firewall".

-joho