List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: [webmin-l] resending Virtualmin info
From:       John Hinton <webmaster () ew3d ! com>
Date:       2010-08-28 0:35:14

Jamie Cameron wrote:
> On 27/Aug/2010 13:08 John Hinton <webmaster@ew3d.com> wrote ..
>
>> Jamie,
>>
>> I can't find this either. Someone said earlier that this was only a
>> function in the paid version? I sure would love it if it was in all
>> versions. It would be nice if it regenerated the memo when any change
>> was made to the main account, like it does when a change is made to an
>> email account. For instance, if a MySQL database is added/turned on, the
>> login info for that would be sent in the new memo.
>>

> Yeah, I can't see any reason to not include this in the gpl version - I will
> do so in the next release (3.81).
>
> Also, the email does get re-generated from the template each time it is
> sent, so if you have enabled new features they will be reflected.

This is fantastic news! I didn't want to push too hard on this one, as
there is the paid version. ;)

I have been bringing up the original email, editing with new info and
resending. That is a really painful process. LOL.

>> Thanks for the great product!
>>
>> OH, and I do wish that somehow you would sell a license based on the
>> number of websites across servers instead of a per server license with a
>> number of website per server. I know that would be much more difficult
>> to track/count. Our business model is to have a lot of servers with not
>> many websites or services on any given machine. The loads caused by spam
>> filtering is one of the reasons. Another is just to divide the client
>> base so that any problem does not take down everyone. Or, perhaps you
>> have another idea that would span our systems with a single license?
>>

> That would be tricky to enforce.. perhaps an alternative solution would be
> a licence for a very low number of domains, like 5 ?

I'll look at the pricing structure again and try to think through a
solution as well.

John Hinton