List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: [webmin-l] Server Logs Regarding Possible Attack
From:       Jamie Cameron <jcameron () webmin ! com>
Date:       2006-01-27 22:11:14

Is anything appearing in the miniserv.error log file? If not, that suggests the \
attack was at a lower protocol level, such as partially opening a huge number of TCP \
connections to use up the Webmin processes's listen queue.

If so, this makes it more of a denial-of-service attack than a security breach. As \
far as I know, there isn't much you can do apart from blocking the attacker at your \
firewall, assuming you know their IP.

 - Jamie