List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: [webmin-l] Changing Available Modules
From:       Jamie Cameron <jcameron () webmin ! com>
Date:       2005-12-31 22:44:34

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 05:05, MWS wrote:
> Jamie Cameron wrote ..
> > On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 01:43, MWS wrote:
> > > Here are a couple of things that happen when I do that:
> > >
> > > 1) When using webalizer or awstats as part of the group, each member
> > of the group can see ALL other webalizer or awstats listings, not just
> > their own (i.e. they see everyone on the server listed).
> >
> > Unfortunately, at the moment there is no way to automatically solve this
> > kind of problem.. for some modules (like the file manager or running
> > processes) there is an option on the ACL page to limit the user to those
> > files or processes belonging to the same Unix user.. but this isn't
> > really possible for Webalizer.
> >
> > > 2) Is there a way to mass-add users to group, or can it be done only
> > one user at a time?
> >
> > Sorry, no..
> > By the way, perhaps you should look into the Virtualmin module? It can
> > do all the setup of Webalizer and other modules automatically, and apply
> > the correct access control settings for you.. it makes domain hosting
> > much easier.
>
> I used virtualmin to get everything reset by making changes in the config file a \
> few times and saving them.
> The only thing (at the moment) I don't like about virtualmin is the lack of \
> additional modules an individual user can have to use.  For example, there is an \
> awstats plugin for virtualmin, but you can't assign this to a n individual user to \
> use through their control panel.  Same thing with configuring webmin users \
> (because, as I wrote earlier, the user has access to all users' awstats).  :\

If you have the AWstats plugin installed and selected on Virtualmin's
plugins page, you should be able to enable it for a virtual server. This
will set up everything, and also update the Webmin user for that server
to just have access to that AWstats report.

Also, additional modules for each user can be set on the Edit Owner
Limits page, and some common ones set on the Module Config page.

 - Jamie