List:       webmin-l
Subject:    [webmin-l] LDAP Users and Groups Module - ldap name attribute
From:       Murray Trainer <mtrainer () central-data ! net>
Date:       2004-11-11 8:39:42

Hi Jamie,

I have managed to successfully configure my LDAP directory and the
Webmin LDAP users and Groups module.  I  have the following minor issue
which I have worked around by turning off schema checking in my LDAP
directory.  When I add a user and the IMAP part is turned on the module
adds a "name" attribute to the LDAP entry for the user.  This made the
user addition fail unless schema checking is off.  I am using Suse 9.1
and in core.schema the entry for the name is commented out  as shown below:

# 2.5.4.41 is defined above as it's used for subtyping
# attributetype ( 2.5.4.41 NAME 'name'
#       EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
#       SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
#       SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{32768} )

It is not defined elsewhere as claimed in the comment.  Do you know if
this attribute is now redundant or I need some other schema or a newer
version of core.schema.  If it is redundant you probably need to remove
the addition of the name attribute or all future users of this module
will have the same problem.

Thanks

Murray Trainer