List:       webmin-l
Subject:    RE: Webmin IRC Channel
From:       "Tamir Halperin" <tamir () brobus ! net>
Date:       2003-03-31 22:02:39

If you go to irc.freenode.net right now and join the #webmin channel, I'm there and \
right now someone with the handle thugged is there as well. If IIUC, an irc channel \
is created when the first person joins it.

Here's an excerpt from http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/rfc2811.txt :

3. Channel lifetime

   In regard to the lifetime of a channel, there are typically two
   groups of channels: standard channels which prefix is either '&', '#'
   or '+', and "safe channels" which prefix is '!'.

3.1 Standard channels

   These channels are created implicitly when the first user joins it,
   and cease to exist when the last user leaves it.  While the channel
   exists, any client can reference the channel using the name of the
   channel.

   The user creating a channel automatically becomes channel operator
   with the notable exception of channels which name is prefixed by the
   character '+', see section 4 (Channel modes).  See section 2.4.1
   (Channel Operators) for more details on this title.

I submitted a request for help with my webmin a few days ago and no one has responded \
to it yet. If you all prefer to help me via IRC, I'd be happy to get you guys all get \
set up with IRC when ever you want.

Tamir