List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Mozilla 1.3 and Webmin interactions?
From:       Stephen Lee <splee () plexio ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 4:57:20

Hi,

Anyone using Mozilla 1.3 to access Webmin 1.0.7? Both Mozilla and Webmin
are running on the same box (Redhat 7.2/512Meg ram). Once the browser
connects to https://localhost:10000/, miniserv.pl hogs up all free
memory and the system goes into swap hell that pretty much locks up the
server. Syslog says that the kernel runs of memory and starts killing
off processes. If I point the same browser to another server (Redhat
7.3) running the same Webmin version then the miniserv.pl problem
doesn't occur. The problem was also not apparent with Mozilla 1.2.  Any
suggestions on what could cause miniserv.pl to suck-up all the memory or
why Mozilla 1.3 would cause it to do so? I presume the initial
connection to bring up the Webmin login screen doesn't trigger java on
the client?

Thanks,
Stephen