List:       webmin-l
Subject:    Re: Users and Groups...
From:       Paul Thomas <paul () cuenet ! com>
Date:       2002-09-26 1:00:46

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Jamie Cameron wrote:

> I tried creating a similar user on a few systems, but couldn't replicate
> this bug. You should try turning on all logging in webmin (under Webmin
> Configuration -> Logging) and then using the Webmin Actions Log module to
> see what commands it is running to chown the files for a new user.

Fixed it! With your handy logging features I was able to follow
the commands. I found that my chown was flakey and did not want
to: chown UID:GID, it would: chown owner:group, but it wasn't able
to manage the GID. Webmin does 'chown -R UID:GID' when creating a
new user directory.

Thanks!

--Paul

--
William J. Broad: "The crux... is that the vast majority of the mass
of the universe seems to be missing."