List:       webmin-devel
Subject:    Re: [webmin-devel] Subdirectories in Modules
From:       Jamie Cameron <jcameron () webmin ! com>
Date:       2005-03-31 0:27:57

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 01:48, Bruce M Potter wrote:
> I've developed a webmin module that has some of the cgi scripts in
> subdirectories, just to keep things organized.  But somewhere between
> webmin 1.130 and 1.190 it stopped working because when web-lib.pl
> loads web-lib-funcs.pl it assumes it is either in the same dir or 1
> level up.  In my subdirs, it is actually 2 levels up, so none of the
> functions get defined.  I have a temporary work-around, but I wanted
> to bring this to your attention so you could hopefully fix it and let
> me know if there are any other assumptions in the code about a single
> directory level.  Thanks!
>
> Thanks for a great tool!

Probably the best way to write a module that uses subdirectories is to
put code into your CGI script like this :

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

chdir("..");
require './webmin-lib.pl';
&header("smeg", "");

print "module = $module_name<br>\n";
print "module root = $module_root_directory<br>\n";
print "module config = $module_config_directory<br>\n";

&footer();

The initial chdir will solve any problems related to finding files in
the expected directories just fine.

 - Jamie