List:       webmin-devel
Subject:    Re: [webmin-devel] Webmin and IPv6
From:       randyf () sibernet ! com
Date:       2004-07-06 16:37:16

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jolly Frederic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is the status of webmin and IPv6?
>
> For example, do the functions "check_ipaddress()" "to_ipaddress()" work with
> IPv6 address?
>
> Thanks.
> Fred.

  No.  check_ipaddress only checks a 4 octet address (and therefore won't
properly qualify a v6 address), and to_ipaddress uses gethostbyname which
may not return a v6 address (depending on which gethostbyname is used).

  However, it would probably be relatively easy to change these functions
to use getaddrinfo/getnameinfo and get IPv6 functionality (though I am not
yet sure what other things might need to change in web-lip.pl to support
IPv6).  Maybe some rudimentary IPv6 support can be had in the next
release.

	---- Randy