List:       webmin-devel
Subject:    [webmin-devel] [Webmin] Webalizer hangs
From:       Martin Mewes <martin.mewes () de ! coimgroup ! com>
Date:       2003-09-24 11:40:03

Howdy folks,

I am just on another VirtualMin-Session and am trying to activate some
Webalizer-Statistics.

When it goes to enhance a report to use "Custom options" Webmin hangs
on this ...

>/usr/bin/perl /usr/libexec/webmin/miniserv.pl /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf
>\_ /usr/libexec/webmin/webalizer/save_log.cgi
> \_ sh -c crontab -u root -e >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
>  \_ crontab -u root -e

Nothing happens ...

Webmin does not freeze but it seems there is nothing coming back from
the system.

I restarted Webmin and killed the lost processes for root.

>sh -c crontab -u root -e >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
> \_ crontab -u root -e

Then I logged back to Webmin and reinstalled the Webalizer-Module.

No success ...

>/usr/bin/perl /usr/libexec/webmin/miniserv.pl /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf
>\_ /usr/libexec/webmin/webalizer/save_log.cgi
> \_ sh -c crontab -u root -e >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
>  \_ crontab -u root -e

What I actually did was using the line

	"Run on selected schedule .."

as well which is new because it looks "english" in a "german"
environment ;-)

I reached out to insert the values "manually" in webmin, which works
fine and in addition to this I could make "Custom options" work as
well.

So actually I think there is something wron in the save_log.cgi when
it comes to "Run on selected schedule ..".

If there is anything I could try again for a more debugging output,
please let me know.

kind regards

Martin Mewes

--
Novacote Flexpack - Division of COIM Deutschland GmbH
c/o IT/IS-Department - Hamburg - Germany