List:       webmin-announce
Subject:    [webmin-announce] Webmin 1.290 released
From:       "Jamie Cameron" <jcameron () webmin ! com>
Date:       2006-06-30 5:25:25

Hi everyone,

Webmin version 1.290 is now available for download from
http://www.webmin.com/ and mirror sites. This release includes
the following changes :

- Fixed a security hole that would allow a remote attacker
  to view any file on the system.
- Added the LDAP Client module, for setting up a Linux system
  to get users and groups from an LDAP server.
- Added support for sending email when a group is over quota
  to the Disk Quotas module.
- Several other small fixes for bugs found since 1.280.

Also available is Usermin 1.220, which includes the same security
fix.

Because the security hole in older versions could allow an attacker
to read sensitive information from your system (including passwords),
I recommend upgrading to Webmin 1.290 as soon as possible.

As always, please send me any bug reports or feature suggestions
that you might have.

 - Jamie

-
Forwarded by the Webmin announcements list at webadmin-announce@lists.sourceforge.net
To remove yourself from this list, go to
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/webadmin-announce