List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    Re: [webkit-dev] Position on User-Agent Client Hints
From:       Maciej Stachowiak <mjs () apple ! com>
Date:       2020-05-08 7:04:22

I would consider myself mildly positive as to the direction, but that's my personal \
view for the moment, absent consultation with my colleagues. I will solicit more \
viewpoints.

I particularly appreciate the responsiveness to feedback and that Yoav in particular \
has been willing to iterate.

I think there's a number of things in the spec that should be cleaned up before an \
implementation ships enabled by default, specifically around interop, privacy, and \
protection against UA lockouts. I know there are PRs in flight for some of these \
issues. I think it would be good to get more of the open issues to resolution before \
actually shipping this.

Regards,
Maciej