List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    Re: [webkit-dev] Step 1 of Plugin removal: Deleting NPAPI (and thus Flash support)
From:       Maciej Stachowiak <mjs () apple ! com>
Date:       2020-02-06 8:38:20

I discussed this some with Apple folks internally. Besides the PDF plugin mentioned \
by Dean, macOS apps using the WebKit API have the ability to embed NPAPI plugins in \
their app bundle and register them for WebView use. We are not sure if this is \
currently in use by any important apps, but we feel obligated to do some \
compatibility testing before we fully rip things out.