List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    [webkit-dev] Request for position on Badging API
From:       Matt Giuca <mgiuca () chromium ! org>
Date:       2020-01-20 0:26:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi WebKit team,

I have previously proposed the Badging API (https://github.com/WICG/badging)
to provide websites with a mechanism to set a badge (a small dot or number)
on the current document's tab, or for installed applications, on the app
icon in the system shelf or home screen.

Would WebKit / Safari be interested in implementing the API now or in the
future?

We are planning to ship in Chromium soon:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/fHc49JNFTAU/m/bJD25Yr7CAAJ

Regards

Matt Giuca