List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    [webkit-dev] WebKit position on Web NFC
From:       François Beaufort 🇫🇷 <fbeaufort () google ! com>
Date:       2020-01-06 7:40:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello WebKit Dev folks,

Following Maciej's invitation to send requests for positions on Web API
proposals to webkit-dev, we would like to know WebKit's position on Web
NFC: https://w3c.github.io/web-nfc/

Web NFC aims to provide sites the ability to read and write to nearby NFC
devices. The current scope is limited to NDEF, a lightweight binary message
format. Low-level I/O operations with the ISO-DEP protocol and Host-based
Card Emulation (HCE) are not supported.

FYI, an intent to experiment will be posted soon on blink-dev.
I'll update this webkit-dev thread with the URL when done.

TAG Review: https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/461
Chromestatus URL: https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6261030015467520
Mozilla standards-positions:
https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/238