List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    Re: [webkit-dev] Can the WebKit logo be used for WebKit ports? (like WebKitGTK)
From:       Maciej Stachowiak <mjs () apple ! com>
Date:       2019-10-14 16:48:11

> On Oct 11, 2019, at 9:38 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru> wrote:
>

> 10.10.2019, 23:10, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rniwa@webkit.org>:
> > People often associate the term "WebKit" with Apple's WebKit port in practice. \
> > The risk here is really about people not understanding the nuance of port \
> > specific bugs & set of features.
>
> However, Safari has its own column in the table, and its logo is very different.

In the past, people used to think that "WebKit" was a separate browser based on \
WebKit nightlies. People get confused about this stuff easily. So it's good to go for \
maximum clarity.

I think the recolored logo, a WebKit logo with a somewhat bigger Gtk+ logo overlaid, \
or WebKit with a little banner saying "GTk+" similar to the Edge Dev icon on the \
current wit.fyi dashboard would be good.

That would minimize risk of confusion, I think.

Regards,
Maciej